Guidance for SRF Applicants
Funding Under ARRA
2010 Green Project Business Cases
FY 2012 Project Solicitation Notice
TVA Energy Efficiency Grant/Loan Program
The Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) and the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) are low interest loan programs intended to finance public infrastructure improvements in Alabama. The programs are funded with a blend of state and federal capitalization funds. ADEM administers the CWSRF and DWSRF, performs the required technical/environmental reviews of projects, and disburses funds to recipients.
Benefits of an SRF Loan:
- The SRF has a loan interest rate about 1.5%-2% less than the prevailing municipal bond rate available to "AAA" rated municipalities;
- Fixed interest rate with a 20-year payback;
- Loan repayment does not begin until construction completion date (capitalized interest accrues);
- The loan recipient is not required to pay any ongoing trustee expenses or rebate expenses normally associated with a local bond issue.
Projects Eligible for Funding
Projects that strengthen compliance with Federal and State regulations and/or enhance protection of public health are eligible for consideration to receive an SRF loan. If a project qualifies, the engineering, inspection, and construction costs are eligible for reimbursement. Among the projects which qualify for funding are:
- Publicly owned water or wastewater treatment works;
- Sewer rehabilitation;
- Interceptors, collectors, and pumping stations;
- Drinking water storage facilities;
- New/rehabilitated water source wells; and,
- Water transmission/distribution mains.
Drinking water projects that are primarily intended to serve future growth are not eligible.
Note: The SRF program is seeking potential applicants for green infrastructure projects. For more information, please contact James Dailey at (334) 271-7805 or Aubrey White at (334) 271-7711.
Entities Eligible for an SRF Loan
Any local governmental unit, including water boards and authorities, may apply for SRF financing. An ability to repay must be substantiated along with meeting other specified standards.
In order to apply for an SRF loan, a pre-application must be submitted by December 31. For those applicants selected for funding, a full application must be received by the following May 1. Loan funds are typically available for disbursal in December of each year.
Pre-FY 2009 SRF Supplemental General Conditions
2010 SRF Supplemental General Conditions
2011 SRF Supplemental General Conditions
2012 SRF Supplemental General Conditions
2012 DWSRF Intended Use Plan
2012 CWSRF Intended Use Plan
This brochure provides general information regarding the CWSRF and DWSRF programs in Alabama.
Attn: SRF Section
Post Office Box 301463
Montgomery, Alabama 36130-1463
(334) 279-3051 Fax